Glass disposal and recycling near you
You likely are already in the habit of saving or recycling your glass jars and bottles, as many local areas offer recycling services or offer refunds on deposits paid on these bottles when you purchased them. However, many of these local services do not accept certain types of glass, such as mirrors or window glass.
1800-GOT-JUNK? makes glass removal & pick up easy
If you have broken glass you need to get rid of, it’s best to call in professionals to have it properly removed. At 1800-GOT-JUNK?, we’re glass removal experts and can get that broken glass out of your way quickly and safely.
Glass recycling made easy
Many types of glass can be recycled, but broken glass should not simply be mixed in with your regular recycling. This is because broken glass is dangerous to the workers who collect and sort your recyclables—if they don’t know broken glass is present, they could easily get injured.
Here's how our service works:
1. Simply schedule your free onsite estimate online or by calling 1800-468-586.
2. Our friendly, uniformed truck team will call you 15-30 minutes before your scheduled 2-hour appointment window.
3. When we arrive, just point to the glass you want to be removed and we’ll provide you with an up-front, all-inclusive price.
4. Once you say the word, we’ll haul your broken glass or mirrors away from wherever it’s located and finish by tidying up the area. Plus, we will recycle and donate whatever we can, whenever possible.
Can you throw glass in the trash?
If you have any types of glass that can’t be recycled in the usual way or have large amounts of glass from projects like renovating, decluttering, or landscaping, it’s a good idea to consider hiring a professional rubbish removal company like 1800-GOT-JUNK? to get rid of it for you. It’s a much safer and more convenient option for glass disposal and we’ll try to make sure we recycle any items that can be recycled.
Or, if you want to try to handle it on your own, you should try to recycle glass when possible. Small amounts of broken glass should be carefully wrapped up and placed in with your household rubbish. While many types of glass can be recycled (such as clear, green or brown glass bottles ad glass jars) the following types of glass can’t be recycled:
- Oven-proof glass
- China Light globes
- Window/windscreen glass
- Medical/laboratory glass
- White opaque bottles
We take many types of glass, including:
- Broken Or Splintered Glass
- Automotive Glass
- Broken Windows
- Plate Or Tempered Glass
- Non-Recyclable Coloured Glass