Easy, reliable TV pick up and disposal services
Televisions are one of those types of technology that change and improve constantly—often leaving us with an old set that needs to be disposed of. Getting rid of an old TV on your own can be difficult if it’s large, and if left in the tip, they can also pose a threat to the environment. That’s where 1800-GOT-JUNK? comes in to make the whole process a breeze!
Why choose 1800-GOT-JUNK? to remove and recycle your old TV sets and accessories?
The experts at 1800-GOT-JUNK? are the perfect option to help you dispose of your old TV quickly, easily, and responsibly. We’ll come to your home, haul that old TV away, and make sure that it's properly disposed of, recycled when possible, or donated to a local charity for further use. We’ll save you your limited free time, and you can rest assured that you’ve done your part in the proper disposal of your old goods. We’re in your city and ready to take your old TVs—or any other rubbish you may have for us—today, so find a 1800-GOT-JUNK? location near you now!
How our service works
- Schedule your rubbish removal service online or by calling 1800-468-586.
- Our friendly, uniformed truck team will call you 15-30 minutes before your scheduled 2-hour appointment window to let you know exactly when to expect us.
- When we arrive, we'll take a look at the items you want to be removed and provide you with an up-front all-inclusive price.
- Once you say the word, we’ll haul your items away from wherever they are located and finish by tidying up the area. We'll then collect payment once the job is complete.
How our pricing works
The final cost of your rubbish removal can vary depending on what we take, how much needs to be removed, and how much space it takes up in our trucks. 1800-GOT-JUNK? is always happy to provide you with an onsite, no-obligation estimate, so don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. Call us today!
Recycling old TVs in an environmentally friendly manner
Old TV sets can be recycled but the process often may involve some legwork and careful consideration. Although it's not a simple task to recycle, it is often easier and worth the trouble as compared to other alternatives.
Like many other electronic devices, TVs contain a variety of materials such as heavy metals, plastic, and other toxins like lead that can pose a serious pollution risk if not dealt with properly. For practical and ethical reasons, recycling is a better option than dumping an old TV in the trash.
We take excessive caution so that we protect Earth’s climate and ozone layer during the process of disposing of your old LEDs and CRTs. You don’t have to carry, unplug, pack, clean up or do any heavy-lifting or physical work. We do it for you at your convenience. All you have to do is point and your old TV disappears.
TV Recycling FAQs
How do you dispose of an old or broken TV?
You have a few options when it comes to getting rid of an old TV.
- Donate your TV. There are many local charities that accept televisions that still work. Keep in mind that you will probably need to drop it off on your own.
- Take it to a recycling facility. Depending on where you live, they may offer a pickup service.
- Return it to the manufacturer. Some companies offer to take old TVs back and recycle or refurbish them. Contact the manufacturer to see if your TV is eligible for this service.
- Sell it. If your TV still works and isn’t too old, you may be able to sell it to someone else.
- Give it away for free. Again, if your TV still works, you may be able to find someone to come pick it up for free.
- Call a junk removal service, like 1800-GOT-JUNK?, who can handle all the heavy lifting for you and ensure your old TV is disposed of or recycled responsibly.
Can I throw a TV in the trash?
No, you should never throw an old TV in the trash. In fact, many garbage pickup services don’t pick up televisions, so it might not even be an option. Most old TVs also contain harmful chemicals and parts that need to be safely disposed of.
Can you recycle a television?
Yes, there are many components of a TV (inside and out) that can be recycled. To recycle your TV, you need to take it to a facility that is equipped to properly take the TV apart so that all the individual parts can be recycled. You can do this yourself or call 1800-GOT-JUNK? who will recycle it for you.
Why is it important to recycle a TV?
TV recycling can also produce valuable materials that can easily be reused, including plastic, glass, copper wiring, and even precious metals. They can be used to create new products and can also help reduce the amount of resources needed for the production of new metals, glass, and plastic.
Like many other electronics, TVs contain chemicals that, if disposed of improperly, can damage our health and the environment. Responsible TV disposal, such as professional recycling, is important to prevent these chemicals from unnecessarily polluting the air and water.
How can I recycle my old TV?
Look for a local recycling facility that is equipped to handle TV recycling. Planet Ark is a great resource that can help you find a recycling depot near you. Or, you can check to see if the manufacturer of your old TV has a recycling program. You can also call a professional junk hauling company like 1800-GOT-JUNK? to come to take it away and recycle it for you.
TV Sets And Other Accessories That We Recycle Or Dispose Of:
We’re happy to help you dispose of and haul away just about any type of TV which includes:
- Smart TVs
- 3D TVs
- CRT Televisions
- LED Or LCD TVs
- Plasma Televisions
- Flat Screen Televisions
- Rear Projection TVs
- Cables And Connectors
- Battery Backups (UPS)
- DVD/Blu-Ray Players
- DirecTV Set-Top Boxes/Converters
- Internet TV Set-Top Boxes/Satellite Receivers
- In-Dash/Overhead DVD Players
- Portable DVD Players
- Portable TVs
- Portable Media Players
- Power Inverters
- Surge Protectors
- TV Antennas
- TiVO Boxes
- Wall Mounts